Sunday, July 8, 2007

Rowan's First Fancy Restaurant

After day two of the convention, we needed a comic free night on the town. With Rowan in tow, that night on the town was less bars and clubs and more restaurants and walks. Have stroller, will travel!

We ended up making reservations for the only
AAA 4-star rated restaurant in Mississauga, the Breakwater, since we wanted to avoid the crowds and prices of the downtown restaurants. We drove down to the cool lake-side area of Port Credit and found the restaurant easily. It was on the ground floor of a nice looking hotel.It was a good thing we made reservations...the small, intimate dining area was packed.
The chef prepares a themed menu on occasion, and, appropriately enough given my heritage, it was a 'Viva La France!' theme. My wife went for the coq au vin, while I had the delicious boullibaisse. I'm talking loads of seafood in a delicious broth...yummy! Rowan had formula. Which, much to my delight, he spit up all over my shoulder. I guess he was mad that he couldn't try the great food!

After dinner we walked around their harbor trails and checked out their neat lighthouse. For some reason, my camera refused to focus and this was the best picture I came up with after how many tries it took my wife to tell me to give up.

All in all, it was a beautiful night, and provided a nice break from the convention.

No comments: