Sunday, July 15, 2007

Paradise Comicon Day 3

June 10th-
OK, time for my much delayed final day report. Today was all me...Rowan needed a break from the comic book excitement. I started by going over and getting a sketch from Niko from my wife and a sketch from Jeanty for my local comic book store clerk. I then went over to Darwyn and pestered him every so often, checking on the status of my sketch...unfortunately it didn't look like it was going to be done soon. With a long drive ahead of us, and workdays looming on Monday, I really didn't plan on staying very long on Sunday. After all, the last of my sketch money was already going to Darwyn, so I had nothing else left to buy. Darwyn graciously gave me my sketchbook back, and said that I was actually doing him a favor as he had signed up for more art than he was really capable of churning out. So, with money back in my pocket I went to check out the artist alley. I had seen the Kitchen brothers' work on the internet, and I thought that their books looked fun. So I swung over, bought the Kitchen Kollection, all 6 books that they have published so far, and picked up my final two sketches of the weekend.

Blair, creator of Possum, did a fun Green Goblin vs. Possum sketch. Unfortunately neither of us could remember exactly what the Goblin's costume looked like. As you can see, the gloves are a little off, and the shirt is missing, but I think it still looks great. Blair has a real Mad Magazine style to his work.


Mike has created a book called SpyGuy. For his sketch, he did SpyGuy slaying Venom. Interestingly enough, he decided to throw in the rest of the Spider-Man 3 baddies as well. If you look closely, you can see New Goblin and Sandman as well.

If you get a chance, pick up these guys' work. You won't be disappointed.

With those new additions, I began to pack up the truck and we headed home to Utica.

No comments: